Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Folksonomies and Tagging

Delicious another favourite tool of mine. Bookmarks that travel with you instead of having to Add to Favourites each time you log on to a different PC. Yeah! Reference staff often log on to different PCs at our library and it is very frustrating to have to add your favourite links to every computer that you use for reference enquiries.

Delicious is the answer to every reference librarian's prayers - see my favourite bookmarks listed on my blog.

I can see how it would be a useful tool for research/study assistance - you can share your bookmarks with fellow students - anybody if you wish.

LibraryThing - haven't had a chance to use yet will explore further when I have time - I can see that it could be a useful tool for book clubs.

1 comment: