Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Social Networking

I am a Facebook user I like to keep up with friends and their photos. It was also handy to keep in touch with my kids when they were overseas - just to make sure they weren't locked up in jail somewhere and needed me to rescue them! I am a reader though rather than an avid writer on Facebook.

As for libraries it seems that the common trend for using social networking sites is to advertise What's On. I do like UQ's use of Facebook - what a great idea. Although I am not sure how you would find them as I cannot see where you can be a fan or friend but then I did not have much time to have a good look - maybe somebody can enlighten me? They probably only want staff and students using the catalogue anyway so I guess they would have an in.

No comments:

Post a Comment